What is the MIP Award?
The MIP 2020 is the only annual award program honoring innovative products designed for all segments of the concrete and masonry industries. TechCrete 2500 was voted by the Industry as the Most Innovate Product for 2020 – Category Concrete Products.
What Makes TechCrete 2500 So Innovative?
TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent is a clear sprayable liquid that penetrates into new & existing concrete structures, using water as a transport mechanism. TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent is sprayed on horizontal or vertical surfaces, and travels into the concrete by process of diffusion. Proper surface preparation is necessary to insure the system is installed properly.
Once applied, TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent forms an impermeable & flexible waterproof barrier inside the concrete. The biochemical modified silicate gel interacts with calcium hydroxide and other by-products leftover from the hydration process that occurred when the concrete was initially poured to block capillaries, cracks, micro-fractures, etc.
The clear & colorless TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent does not change the exterior appearance of the concrete surface. As a result, it is a great solution for historical restoration projects.
In addition to filling & blocking the micro-cracks and voids inherent in the existing concrete, it also has the ability to ‘self-heal’ as future micro-cracks occur in the concrete structure. In effect, it’s a permanent waterproofing solution.
The result is an integral waterproofing system, that cannot be damaged and that effectively blocks water penetration for the life of the structure. This makes it an ideal solution for traffic bearing surfaces, such as parking ramps and highway bridges.
Since it maintains flexibility, it is ideal for use in waterproofing structures where ‘thermal stress’ is present.
Improves durability and sustainability of concrete structures.
Resistant to aggressive chemicals & chloride ions.
Allows concrete to breathe (outgassing), does not trap moisture within the concrete.
Acts as a ‘densifier’, increasing the wearability and sustainability of the concrete surface.
Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure (1,300 feet).
Seals ‘stable’ cracks up to 2.0 mm wide at the time of application, and continues to seal future cracks up to 0.4 mm wide.
- Not subject to typical types of damage or deterioration
- Concrete surface must be dry to the touch, in order to begin application of waterproofing products (timing varies)
- Pros & Cons of TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent
- Fast to install: requires simple spray equipment. The result is far less ‘down time’ for the structure.
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate, not a surface coating that can be damaged or wear off.
- Gel formulation handles ‘thermal stress’ very well
- Non-toxic and VOC free, completely recyclable after demolition of a structure
- No costly surface priming or leveling prior to application.
- Does not require sealing, lapping & finishing of seams at corners, edges, etc. Cannot come apart at the seams.
- Can be applied to the positive or the negative side, although we highly recommend applying it to the positive side.