ACR Accelerating Agent
ACR® Accelerating Agent is an acetic based solution designed to be used as part of the TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing System in order to decrease the time between application and use. ACR Accelerating Agent expedites and enhances the sealing and waterproofing of cracks in the concrete. ACR Accelerating Agent is required for all TechCrete system warranty applications.
Long-term performance with no re-application or future maintenance required. Expedites and enhances the sealing and waterproofing of cracks in the concrete.
ACR Accelerating Agent is supplied in the following sizes;
- 1 gallon bottle (3.8 liters)
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Slight acetic odor
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 7.5%
• Flash point – no true flash – boils at 101°C (214°F)
• Auto-ignition temperature – N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity -.890
• Hazardous chemicals – None
• pH 6.3 – 9.6
Protect glass, aluminum, wood and painted surfaces, terra-cotta and glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and
travertine from over-spray.
• Increases the calcium content of the concrete
• Helps seals cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm)
• Non-Toxic and environmentally safe
The NSF/ANSI 61 is a set of national standards that relates to water treatment and establishes stringent requirements for all equipment and products that come in contact with either potable (drinking) water or products that support the production of potable water.
ACR Accelerating Agent has been UL Certified NSF/ANSI 61.
ACR Accelerating Agent should only be applied to a surface that has already received treatment from TechCrete Waterproofing Agent. ACR Accelerating Agent is required for any system warranties offered by Alchemco. Any additional application questions should directed to the Technical Department at 800-610-2895.
Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C) or above +950F (+35°C).
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 square feet (1 liter to 5 square meters) on average. Can vary depending on substrate absorption, including the age of concrete and original density.
1. On Day 1 – Apply TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent in accordance with its directions and application rates. When the surface becomes touch dry – (usually 2-6 hours depending on wind conditions and ambient temperature) flood spray the treated areas with water. If the product is still wet at 6 hours, begin first watering.
2. On Day 2 – 24 hours after application of TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent, apply ACR Crack & Void Treatment to all cracks that are less than 5/64” (2.0 mm), then apply ACR Accelerating Agent to the entire surface of the concrete.
3. On Day 3 – 24 hours later water again.
4. After the third watering, block drains and pond area for a minimum of 12 hours to verify the waterproof seal.