MASONRY GRAFFITI BLOCKER
GraffitiBlok® Masonry Graffiti Blocker is a modified silicate solution that provides long-term protection against graffiti, tagging and paint from penetrating the surface of the masonry. GraffitiBlok Masonry Graffiti Blocker penetrates into the surface and reacts with free calcium and water to form a calcium silicate gel that blocks paints and related graffiti materials from penetrating the surface of the masonry. This gel also helps to protect the surface from water penetration and other environmental contaminants that can shorten the life of the concrete. Once applied, GraffitiBlok Masonry Graffiti Blocker will protect the surface from paint and graffiti penetration. When used in combination with ACR Graffiti Remover, graffiti and paint can be easily removed and the surface restored to its original look.
Long-term protection against paint and water penetration.
Long-term performance with no re-application or future maintenance required.
GraffitiBlok Masonry Graffiti Blocker comes in the following sizes;
- 1 gallon bottle (3.8 liters)
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Colorless, clear to slightly opaque, odorless, soapy feel
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 13.5%
• Specific gravity at 77°F (25°C): 1.225
• Flash point: no true flash: boils at 214°F (101°C)
• Auto-ignition temperature: N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity: 14.3 centipoise or 0.1172 Stokes
• Hazardous chemicals: Sodium Silicate (modified)
• pH 11.7
Protect aluminum, glass, painted surfaces, wood, terra-cotta, glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and travertine from overspray.
• Protects surface against moisture penetration
• Reduces scaling in freeze-thaw environments by89% at 50 cycles
• Non-toxic and safe for the environment
The NSF/ANSI 61 is a set of national standards that relates to water treatment and establishes stringent requirements for all equipment and
products that come in contact with either potable (drinking) water or products that support the production of potable water.
GraffitiBlok Masonry Graffiti Blocker has been UL Certified NSF/ANSI 61.
GraffitiBlok Masonry Graffiti Blocker must be applied to a clean, dry, dust-free concrete surface, at least 28 days old.
If the surface is not clean, then the use of one of the following Alchemco Clean & Repair (ACR) products, or a shot blast system, is recommended for prepping the surface. Chemical cleaning may require multiple applications and the use of different products to achieve complete cleaning.
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Cleaner
- ACR Emulsifying Cleaner
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch
- ACR Graffiti Remover
- ACR Rust Converter & Inhibitor
Contact the Technical Department for help and directions for which cleaning product will provide the best result for a clean surface.
Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C) or above +95°F (+35°C). Do not apply within 24 hours of the surface being wet.
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 square feet (1 liter to 5 square meters) on average. Can vary depending on substrate absorption, which varies depending on the age of concrete and original density.
Using a pump style sprayer, spray all surfaces to be protected.
Apply the solution at a rate of between 160-240 square feet per gallon (4-6 square meters per liter).