TECHCRETE 2500 WATERPROOFING AGENT
TechCrete® 2500 Waterproofing Agent is a bio-based, gel forming, modified silicate solution, that creates a barrier within the concrete against long-term water entry and enhances concrete durability. Using the free calcium contained within the concrete, a calcium silicate gel is formed. This gel forms within the pores, cracks and capilliaries of the concrete, which then forms a barrier against moisture and enviromental contaminants. In addition the presence of the gel increases the ability of the concrete to resist chloride ions.
TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent is designed and created to seal non-structural cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) in width and will seal future, non-structural cracks, up to 1/64” (0.4 mm). Once in the concrete the will remain reactive as it comes in contact with water. This reactive state provides long term performance for self-repair of future non-structural cracks.
15-Year & 30-Year labor & material warranties are available against water penetration. 100% trafficable within 8 hours, with minimal risk of damage during construction or thereafter. Find stubborn cracks easily, with an easy fix.
TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent comes in the following sizes:
- 1 gallon bottle (3.8 liters)
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Colorless, clear to slightly opaque, odorless, soapy feel
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 27.7%
• Specific gravity at 77°F (25°C) : 1.225
• Flash point – no true flash – boils at 214°F (101°C)
• Auto-ignition temperature – N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity – 14.3 centipoise or 0.1172 Stokes
• Hazardous chemicals – Sodium Silicate (modified)
• pH 11.7
Protect aluminum, glass, painted surfaces, wood, terra-cotta, glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and travertine from overspray.
• Will seal cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) on initial application and can seal future non-structural cracks up to 1/64” (0.4 mm), except for cold joint applications.
• Creates a reduction of chloride diffusion coefficient by 89% to 3.5 (10-12m2/s).
• Increases surface hardness from 6 to 8 on Moh’s scale.
• Scaling is reduced by 89% at 50 cycles in freeze-thaw environments.
• Improves moisture vapor permeability by 84.1%.
• Suitable for water holding vessels (positive hydrostatic pressure) – tested to 400 meters (1,312’).
Prior to the application of the TechCrete 2500 Waterproofing Agent, the surface must be clean, dry and dust-free that is at least 28-days old. If the surface is not clean, then the use of one of the following Alchemco Clean & Repair (ACR) products, or a shot blast system, is required for prepping the surface for warrantied applications. Chemical cleaning may require multiple applications and the use of different products to achieve complete cleaning. Certain types of cleaning equipment may improve performance and speed of application when applying chemical cleaners, contact the Technical Department for a list of approved equipment and cleaning methods.
• ACR Concrete & Masonry Cleaner • ACR Emulsifying Cleaner
• ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch • ACR Paint & Stain Remover
• ACR Rust Converter & Inhibitor
Contact the Technical Department for help and directions for which cleaning product will provide the best result for a clean surface.
Where segregation or voids are apparent, chip out and treat with ACR Concrete Patch & Repair. Once repaired, allow at least 24 hours for patches to dry and cure. If works needs to be completed faster, then use ACR HP Concrete Repair.
Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C) or above +95°F (+35°C). Do not apply within 24 hours of the surface being wet.
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 square feet (1 liter to 5 square meters) on average. Coverage rate may vary depending on the substrate absorption, which can vary depending on the age of concrete and original density.
1. No less than 28 days after the placement of the concrete and once the surface has been prepared for the application, begin.
2. Using a pump style sprayer, either manual, backpack, or barrel style, fill the sprayer with TechCrete Waterproofing Agent. Apply pressure to the sprayer and using a fan style tip, being applying the waterproofing agent to the entire surface of the concrete.
3. First apply product to all cracks by spray floord coating the crack with an application that covers the crack and at least 2” ( 50 mm) to either side of the crack.
4. Once all cracks have been trated then apply liberally to the entire surface area, but without puddling. Apply in even strokes wiht a small amount of overlap to ensure proper coverage.
5. Once the waterproofing agent has been spray-applied and is dry to the touch (no more than 6 hours) then begin the first watering. Water shall be applied at no less than 1 gallon (1 liter) and no more than 2 gallons (2 liters) per each 100 square feet (10 m2) of work area.
6. No less than 6 hours after the application of waterproofing agent has occured, then spray-apply TechCrete Crack & Void Treatment to all cracks and TechCrete Acclerating Agent to the field of the project.
7. Once dry to the touch, being second watering. Watering should be done in the same manner as the first watering.